New Breed Racing is a proud sponsor of the Racehorse Rehabilitation Trust charity. The trust is an equine welfare program to retrain and rehouse NSW racehorses at the conclusion of their racing careers for recreational or professional use and care. The subject of equine welfare is held very close to the heart of the team at New Breed Racing. New Breed Racing donates 5% of overall winning prize money to the Racehorse Rehabilitation Trust.
Every dollar donated to the NSW TRT goes directly to the care of horses in the Program. The NSW TRT is a registered charity and all donations are tax deductible. You can also help make a difference by donating to the trust from the following ways:
Donate online today (via secure ANZ eGate)
Account Name: Trustee NSW Thoroughbred Rehabilitation Trust
Account Number: 15126841
Please email the confirmation details of your direct deposit in order to receive a tax receipt (including name, date of transfer and amount donated)
Please complete this form or call 02 9665 7500
NSW Thoroughbred Rehabilitation Trust
Level 7, 51 Druitt St
Sydney NSW 2000
You can also make provision in your will for a bequest to the NSW Thoroughbred Rehabilitation Trust, find out more by calling 02 9665 7500
If you have a retired NSW Thoroughbred racehorse that you would like to donate to the Trust for admission into the Thoroughbred Retraining Program then we would love to hear from you.
Please contact Racing NSW’s Thoroughbred Rehabilitation Manager Scott Brodie on 0448 088 844.
To be accepted into the program, a horse must fit the following criteria:
• Be a Thoroughbred filly / mare, colt / stallion or rig, gelding
• Have been racing prepared or raced in New South Wales
• Be physically sound, however respiratory issues will be assessed individually
• Be free of stable vices and other neurotic behaviours, however vices such As’ wind sucking’, ‘weaving’, ‘circling’, ‘wood biting’ or ‘cribbing’ will be Assessed individually
• Be assessed in regard to temperament and suitability for re-education
• Vaccinations required, Tetanus, Strangles and Equine Herpes Virus Vaccine (Duvaxyn EHV)
Horses donated to the Trust will be surrendered to Racing NSW for retraining and sale. Racing NSW reinvests all proceeds from the sale of these horses back into the Thoroughbred Retraining Program.
For more information visit: www.nswtrt.org.au